Sunday, December 12, 2010

Oh, happy day!

Pffft!! The disciples were all scardy-fied and hiding behind closed doors for fear and sorrow and bewilderment, and Jesus didn't even knock. The original Die Hard, He just strolled right on in.

Yeah, that's the kind of Hero I'm looking for; the kind of God worth finding is the One who is looking for me even when I'm stupid and scared and in a state of betrayal to save my own skin and don't even realize that He's alive. One who calls my unbelieving bluff and gently trumps, showing His wounded hand.

If merely correct thinking will count us among the saved, then we are all lost. I've walked that path of control and called it faith. Better to ask for knowledge than assume one knows anything.

I only know one thing.
And even that was given to me, so undeservedly.
Oh, happy day!

Joan of Argghh! (not her real name)

This post may disappear suddenly, as I am posting this quote pending the author's permission to publish it here. This is just so true and right on, that I couldn't wait.

2 comments:

Joan of Argghh! said...

But of course you may, and so humbly do I express my joy that you experienced it in the spirit in which it was offered.

-Joan Varga

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Thank you, sister! No one could have penned the words you have written without knowing the One who was dead but is now Alive forever without knowing Him, and in the Only way that matters. Thank you for this glimpse of the lightning flash of the Deity at this time of the earthing of His Divine power. Pascha at the time of Nativity! Axia!