Monday, October 17, 2011

You Are My Savior

One of the most beautiful ancient Christian churches is the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church. It is always a blessing to me when I can be with my Ethiopian brethren, especially in worship. The Eritrean Church shares the same ancient faith and worship as the Ethiopians, the difference being in language: the Ethiopians speak Amhara and the Eritreans speak Tigrinya, both languages rooted in antiquity and related to Hebrew. The Emperor Haile Selassie (Glory of the Trinity) was the last Orthodox Christian emperor in history, descended through the Queen of Sheba from King Solomon.

Probably my most beloved Christian song is an Ethiopian devotional called You Are My Savior. Whenever I hear it, like the Bride in the Song of Solomon, ‘I tremble to the core of my being’ (Song of Songs 5:4 Jerusalem Bible). This song, of all others, seems to be the song that is going on inside me all the time. I sometimes awake in the morning hearing it. It is a great blessing. It is the song that is playing when you reach this blog, at least for a little while. After I remove it, you can still go here to hear it and watch the video that goes with it. There are also a selection of other Ethiopian songs at my blog, here.

As I have nothing more to offer, I hope you enjoy this spiritual song. May it bless you.

No comments: