Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Sanctification to Priesthood


The Sanctification to Priesthood
by Presbyter Ihor Kutash

Today,
while angels sang and creation rejoiced,
the heavens opened above my head
and became concentrated in a pair of hands
resting tenderly, lightly, yet firmly
upon my throbbing head.
And I was enfolded by beating wings,
and coals were pressed to my sinful lips.
And I heard, as it were thunder,
the Lord of Hosts shout my name
while the lightning engraved it indelibly
upon the tablets on which are recorded
the names of those mortals
who became angels
to serve the Almighty
and impart Him to the starving masses.

I weep, Lord.
My soul is weak.
And Thou art so strong.
And my brothers so hungry!


Thank you, Father Ihor, for the astonishing honesty of your witness to me so many years ago when we, just barely beyond our boyhood, met each other, and I saw for the first time, what is meant by ‘priest of God.’

Indelibly, yes, the stamp was pressed into your yeasted flesh, as your life like a new offering loaf, was soon placed into the oven of tribulation, to become what He made you to always be, a heart hidden from the world.

No comments: