Monday, October 25, 2010

What we really are


My approach to life and to other people is very simple. Following the Son of God, Jesus Christ, I try to say and do what I see Him saying and doing. He never argued with those who differed from Him, and so I also try not to argue, though I admit that I sometimes do. For this I can be labeled a hypocrite, but then, much of what is labeled hypocrisy is really just human weakness, both in the accused and in the accuser.

Christ may have called out some of His opponents for their hypocrisy, but that is something I dare not do without His permission. Mostly I just ask questions of people who differ from me, hoping to receive real answers from them and not scripted material they have memorized.

I realise that many who call themselves Christians will respond to the questions or criticisms of others with scripted material and not with the honest truth, but this is how existence is: we cannot go on forever living and speaking in pretence; what we really are and what we really think must come out in the end.

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known…
Luke 8:17

No comments: