Sunday, May 15, 2011

Morning anaphora

I want to love you, Lord,
because You love me.
I want to find You, Lord,
because You found me.
I want to hear You, Lord,
because You hear me.
I want to know You, Lord,
because You know me.

How great You are
because You became small.
How strong You are
because You became weak.
How rich You are
because You became poor.
What a God You are
because You became man.

Without Your love
I could not live.
Without Your grace
I could not give.
I thank You, Lord,
with each beat of my heart.
Have mercy, Lord,
and never depart.

We give thanks to You, God,
we give thanks as we invoke Your name,
as we recount Your marvels.

Psalm 75
Psalms for the 15th Day
75 76 77 78

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and refreshing; combining truth with love; focused on the one thing necessary; a refuge for the broken-hearted; a ray of sunlight for those in darkness: a poem written by His child and servant.

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

The author is little 仁爱 Jennai, shown venerating the ikon of the martyrs of the Boxer Rebellion...