Monday, June 28, 2010

Pearl of great price

Peter said to him, "We have left everything to follow you!"
Mark 10:28

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it.
Matthew 13:45-46

Then, a challenge…

If your sort of Christianity hasn't cost you everything,
then it probably isn't worth anything.
On the other hand, if your Christianity is something
you earned yourself, then you don't need Jesus,
and you aren't really a Christian.

And then, an invitation…

to read the poem where I found the above quote.
Click here to read the poem, titled
The Pearl,
by Jim Swindle.

3 comments:

Jim Swindle said...

Thank you for the quote. I should remind your readers that the best invitation of all is that of the Lord Jesus himself: Come to me, all of you who are weary and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest.

Real life is in him, and only in him.

My brother Romanós, I know you've proclaimed and lived this truth for years. I just can't resist the opportunity to reiterate it.

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Never hold back when commenting on my blog, but continue proclaiming the Message, brother, for as you know, that Message is ALWAYS welcome here! Thanks for the testimony!

Orthodox Christian Resources said...

"If your sort of Christianity hasn't cost you everything,
then it probably isn't worth anything."

Do we need to say anything else?