Sunday, September 6, 2009

Patience - Υπομονη

εν τη υπομονη υμων κτησασθε τας ψυχας υμων

With regard to patience the Lord says, 'You will gain possession of your souls through your patient endurance,' (Luke 21:19). He did not say 'through your fasting' or 'through your vigils'. I refer to the patience bestowed by God, which is the queen of virtues, the foundation of courageous actions. It is patience that is peace amid strife, serenity amid distress, and a steadfast base for those who acquire it. Once you have attained it with the help of Christ Jesus, no swords and spears, no attacking armies, not even the ranks of demons, the dark phalanx of hostile powers, will be able to do you any harm.

—Abba Gregory of Sinai

3 comments:

Marcel said...

hi Romanos, thanks for your entry, I am making it my habbit to read your posts when saying my night prayers. Keep up the good work and stay blessed!

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

I am unworthy of your confidence, brother, but your love in Christ means more to me than any words of praise. I am only sharing what has been handed over to me, a poor thief and beggar.

yudikris said...

It is very great! And It will be another printed out post! Thanks :)