Wednesday, January 21, 2009

ὧν οὐκ ἦν ἄξιος ὁ κόσμος

Of whom the world was not worthy…
Hebrews 11:38

One of my favorite Bible verses, and may it be found true of me.
I know, however, that it is true of a young poet in India, who has again blessed me with these bright words…

One man who stood for God
One man against the multitude;
One man by faith in God
One man who condemned the world.

One man heaven seeks,
One man who will stand steady;
One man who will join them,
For whom the world was not worthy.

I am weak and foolish my Lord,
Too scared to even voice my thoughts;
But if you will have me and make me,
I will be that man! I will be that man!

These verses are taken from the complete poem, entitled Noah, which you can read by following this link:
Heb 11:38 The world was not worthy of them.

No comments: