Tuesday, December 16, 2008

From within... rivers of living water

From the Oneonta Trail, above Triple Falls, Columbia Gorge, Oregon

Another couple of great poems have appeared at The Postman, and I want to share them with anyone who comes upon my blog. They are not too long, but what they express is very long, and very deep, and full of truth, full of Jesus. All of the Postman's poems open and close with the Word of God, demonstrating that he knows in Whom he lives, and moves and has his being, and in Whom he writes his songs. My favorite line occurs in this excerpt from the second, longer poem Witness

I can hide the thoughts I have
By actions that seem so righteous;
The grinding of my teeth
To be mistaken for a smile;
I can clench my fist in anger
But cross my hands behind;
I can seem so much better
Than one whose anger killed a man;
But on that great and terrible day,
When all the dead shall rise,
I will need to answer for my anger,
No more any place to hide,
With the killed and the killer,
Standing side by side.


Read the rest of the poem here, and read them both, and see for yourself how they start and how they end, and where they lead you.

1 comment:

Andrew Kenny said...

Oh so true Romanos.God looks on the heart man looks on the outward appearance.WE must live our lives to an audience of one, become a friend of God that He would be our friend,recognise that we need Him utterly that He would be our Saviour, become His servant that He would be our Lord.