Saturday, March 31, 2012

Simple

Just read your bible as if it were the only book in existence.
It's good for you.

Don't worry about being good.
Just keep talking to the God your eyes can't see.
Your heart will cover for you.

Smile like you've just inherited a million dollars,
and go out of your way to start giving it away.

When you go to church, remember that it's just another room.
Don't forget to go outside for some fresh air.

Finally, remember, exercise and sleep are good for you,
and when you shower, don't forget to wash the soles of your feet.

4 comments:

Jewel said...

Romanós, that was sublime! I think I sometimes so complicate my life that I don't know what to believe. The other day, I awoke from a dream where I was in a room, being judged by people I never knew, but whose lives had been affected by some action or inaction. These were the people I'd hurt the most. It left me troubled all day and the next day. I felt absolutely wretched.

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Jewel, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I miss our talks together but you are never far from my working mind, I remember you daily. Lately I've been taking a look at your various blogs, but haven't mostly had anything worthwhile to say or comment. I always am really refreshed, though, when I look at your Mme Scherzo site. I love visual art, and some of the best things turn up there.

Yes, this post is minimalist but abundant when you can hear what I'm saying. This works for me, and I hope it works for others too.

Sometimes we just have to say the obvious.

Jewel said...

I haven't had the heart to write lengthy pieces, lately. I feel beat down to the bone in my soul with the relentless drumbeat of evil. I strive to find beauty and truth and goodness each and every day. I get into verbal fisticuffs with the gullible sheep following the wolves on tumblr, but it feels good to defend my faith and reason in an unreasonable world. Tumblr is a good forum for that.

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Keep doing what you are doing, precious Sister, as the Lord gives you strength, for His is the battle and the victory. We are in this Together. Glory to God.