Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ων ουκ ην αξιος ο κοσμος

Of whom the world was not worthy…
Hebrews 11:38

One of my favorite Bible verses, and may it be found true of me.
I know, however, that it is true of a Christian brother in India, who has blessed me with these bright words…

   One man who stood for God
   One man against the multitude;
   One man by faith in God
   One man who condemned the world.

   One man heaven seeks,
   One man who will stand steady;
   One man who will join them,
   For whom the world was not worthy.

   I am weak and foolish my Lord,
   Too scared to even voice my thoughts;
   But if you will have me and make me,
   I will be that man! I will be that man!

These verses are taken from the complete poem, entitled Noah, which you can read by following this link:
Heb 11:38 The world was not worthy of them.

No comments: