Monday, August 16, 2010

Thank you, Father, I didn't know

This morning, a wonderful snippet from Fr Milovan's blog Again and Again, shows us how great is the mercy of God, of Christ, who accepts us, as we come to Him, sins and all…

…after the Great Entrance I can’t confess anymore, not because I’m physically tired or something is preventing me, but because there is no sense in confessing anymore. We’ve entered into the mystery, what are we going to confess now? If you have something, if something is bothering you, come earlier. If not – and there is always something for us to confess: if you put on the cleanest suit, how much dust is on you! – approach with boldness, even if you are a sinner, but also a son of God, adopted through Christ, and say: “I am, Lord, that which I am and, behold, I sinful and unworthy, but I am not at peace with this, I do not identify with this. I desire to identify with You. Take my sins and destroy them, as You destroyed the sins of the world.” … Therefore, all the Holy Mysteries are completed before, until the Great Entrance.

Today a sister brought two children after Liturgy and said: “If you could read a prayer, Father.” I said, “I saw the children took communion.” She said, “They did.” “Then, what do you want now, after a rich meal do you want a snack? Don’t, please, the Liturgy is the greatest prayer.” And the woman, thankful, said: “Thank you, Father. I didn’t know.”

“Remember who your teachers were…”
2 Timothy 3:14

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That picture and what it represents: the divine Liturgy, is precious to me! To think that when the priest says: "Blessed is the Kingdom of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" and we answer "Amen!" we at that moment enter Paradise is too wonderful for words!