Friday, January 15, 2010

If you were praying...


...for Nancy, who was suffering acutely from her fifth bout with cancer, and who had decided (with her husband’s agreement) to seek relief in assisted suicide, I am reasonably certain that she has passed away. The family's privacy needs must be very extreme, as I haven't found a public death notice, and it was only today that I found out by making some careful personal enquiries, that she may have died last Saturday. May God have mercy on her and her family.

Thank you, brethren, who have been praying for her since I first brought her grievous sickness
to our attention. Now, let's just pray for her husband and son to have courage to carry on.

3 comments:

yudikris said...

Lord, have mercy!

pilgrim said...

Thank you for updating us here in Kansas periodically brother...

We will continue to pray...

Grace and peace...

Unknown said...

I must suppose my heart needed the breaking tonight. Before I go to bed my prayers will surely be truthful ones.

Lord have mercy on all of us. I have lost my son to this beast. There was a darkness in those days that seemed to best the light (though I knew this was not true).