Friday, March 13, 2009

Absolute abandonment

I have nothing worthy of my own to say, but I found these poems written by our brother The Postman today, and I want to share them with you. The first starts out with a quotation from the martyr Jim Elliott, who once wrote… "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." Click on the linked quotation to go to the poem Absolute abandonment, from which this excerpt is taken, to encourage you…

"Am I your Master?
Your Lord and Saviour?
Am I the One you will question?
Am I not your Redeemer?
The One who bought you with a price,
Not of corruptible things?
Am I not the King of kings?
The Lord of lords?
The One who holds the keys?
The One who measures the universe
With the span of His fingers?
Who holds the waters
In the hollow of His palm?
Speak and be not silent ...
Am I not the Alpha and the Omega?"


The second poem, Emmaus, is in the post entitled Follow or Forsake? I am quoting only a short verse that appealed strongly to me. Please click on the linked post title and go to read this second poem. You will be blessed, as I was, to read it.

A fool I was to hold on,
That which I could not keep;
Even the camel seemed to find
The eye of the needle broad and wide.

No comments: